Monday, January 13, 2014

Lupus Awareness

May is set aside for Lupus Awareness month. In my opinion, why do we set aside one month for this? I like to educate and make lupus awareness daily, weekly, and monthly; not just 1 month out of the year.

When I was thinking how to create more awareness, I looked at my fingernails and thought of fingernail polish! I went on Google and looked up 3 of the most popular nail polish companies, OPI, ESSIE, and Orly. All 3 of those nail polish companies support other awareness's.

The USPS even has postage stamps for other awareness's but not Lupus. Sport teams support other awareness's but not Lupus.

Last year was the first year a TV commercial appeared about Lupus. Why are we lacking in marketing our awareness?

Every foundation is pounding the pavement, "spread education, spread awareness" yet we seem to be the last ones in line.

We have celebrities speaking for us, yet that doesn't seem like enough. We have corporations donating $1-$350,000 but that too isn't enough for awareness. http://www.lupus.org/pages/corporate-partners

What can we do to stick out among the elite? I want companies like OPI, ESSIE, and Orly to have products with the Lupus Awareness ribbons on them. I want to see the USPS have a postage stamp. I want to see a sports team, like baseball, with a purple glove on. I would like more awareness so there is more funds donated to the lupus foundations research.

This is more than a want, this is a need.

No comments:

Post a Comment