Friday, January 2, 2015

Lupus Is My Disease

Lupus is my disease
All I ask is for you to understand, please.

Fatigue is one symptom
It makes me feel like I've hit rock bottom.

Joint pain and swelling is not uncommon
It makes your body feel like you've been hit by a lineman.

Lupus Flares come from nowhere
It makes feel like you want to hibernate like a bear.

You make many suggestion about what I need
What I really need is to be freed.

Lupus has robbed me of the quality of life I once had
Please understand that makes me mad!

I try not to allow Lupus to define me
It's hard not to, when this lives inside of me.

I hear, "But you don't look sick".
This saying makes me want to bang my head against a brick!

Lupus is a cruel mysterious disease
Sometimes I feel like I'll wake from this dream like a tease.

All I ask is for a cure
Won't someone please be our savior?     

No comments:

Post a Comment