Monday, January 2, 2017

Burned Out

As Christmas break is coming to an end I find myself not only mentally slowing down but physically slowing down. My brain can't seem to keep up with how fast my 7 year old talks let alone how fast he moves.

The boys have a play date, tomorrow,  with brothers they go to school with and they've been looking very forward to! In order to have a play date the boys were told to help dust and pick up their toys. There might as well of been a food fight going on in a ball pit. Honestly! I don't know why I bother to ask or tell them to help?! Maybe because I want them to be productive part of society one day? Meh...

I'm sitting in bed typing this, reflecting on today and wondering how we got from a terrific afternoon, watching 'Assassin's Creed' at the theater to 9:28 pm. When you're so mentally and physically spent it feels like you've been snatched right out of your body.

This is the part where you're supposed to listen to your body, tune everything else out and rest. Whether you sleep or meditate turn outside noise off and zone out.

Tomorrow is a new day~

No comments:

Post a Comment