Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Forget me Not

I can't tell you how many times I'll be talking on my cell phone and I'll find myself walking around looking for my cell phone! One day, as I was talking to my daughter, I actually said, "I can't find my cell phone!" She said, "seriously mom, you're on your cell phone!".

There's a difference between being forgetful and having a 'brain fog' or 'lupus fog'.

Being forgetful is misplacing your keys temporarily, forgetting where you put the TV remote or walking into a room and forgot why you did it.

Having 'lupus or brain fog' is like having your memory wiped clean similar to a black board. You can set reminders on your cell phone, write sticky notes and write reminders on your calendar. However none of these are any good unless you remember to look at your reminders.

If you're like me, you can look at your reminders and have an alarm set to remind you of an appointment and still forget!

For me, if I'm not doing something on a consistent basis, I'm certain to forget to do what I'm supposed to do. As an example; my monthly infusion is usually on Mondays. This month it was scheduled for Tuesday (which was today). Guess what happened? I forgot about it! Last Friday I knew it was scheduled for today and I tried to reschedule because my kids are still on Christmas break. No one was in the office though. I remembered yesterday and tried to reschedule again, no luck. I got up early today just to call the clinic, but guess what? I totally forgot why I got up early!

My brain is fried. I'm not forgetful at all. I'm in a complete fog. I know everyone's birthday, I just can't remember to the fog out of the way to get their birthday cards out in the mail.

My migraines affect the fog terribly. Don't bother to tell me anything when I have a migraine, at least anything you want me to remember or to repeat or retain...basically anything. Migraines are the brains way of saying 'I need to decompress so please leave me alone.'

Its time for me to clear the fog and decompress....good night 🌜

No comments:

Post a Comment